- Sunday 28 July
- Val di Non, Gruppo di Brenta
Malga Flavona, 12 pm
- Fee-paying event Free
The eternally new music of a fascinating brass septet
They come from the London Symphony Orchestra, the Philharmonia, the Royal Philharmonic, the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Basel Symphony Orchestra and the Aurora Orchestra, where they hold principal positions in the brass sections. Together they formed Septura and have already released seven albums in which they have begun to redefine brass chamber music with their transcriptions, arrangements and new commissions.
Every new recording is acclaimed by the press, they are Ensemble in Residence at the Royal Academy of Music, London, and they are currently recording a series of 10 albums for Naxos Records, each focussed on a particular period, genre and group of composers to create a sort of “historical revisionism” of brass chamber music. Meanwhile, their tours are taking them further afield to Switzerland, Germany, the United States, New Zealand and Japan, spreading wherever they go a contagious enthusiasm for the uniquely expressive sound of the brass septet.
from Val di Non
- from Lake Tovel (parking for a limited number of cars) take footpath no. 314 as far as Malga Pozzol, then footpath no. 371 via Malga Flavona
3¼ hours, vertical ascent 840 m, difficulty E
- from Malga Arza, which can be accessed from Cunevo on an asphalt road (parking for a limited number of cars), take footpath 330 to Malga Flavona via Malga Termoncello, Val Strangola and Val Scura, then continue on footpath no. 371
3 hours 40 minutes, vertical ascent 560 m, difficulty E
from Madonna di Campiglio
- from Campo Carlo Magno take the cable car to Passo del Grostè then follow footpath no. 301, which passes between Monte Turrion Basso and Monte Turrion Alto, then footpath no. 371.
2 hours and 30 minutes, vertical descent 400 m, difficulty E
On the day of the concert the Val di Non tourist office will run a shuttle bus from Cles to Campo Carlo Magno, returning to Cles from Lago di Tovel, which you can walk to via Malga Pozzol. Cost €8, advance booking required, call +39 0463 830133.
Outward route: by coach from Cles to Passo Carlo Magno (cost €8), from there by cable car to Passo del Grostè (cost of ticket not included) then on foot passing between Monte Turion Basso and Monte Turrion Alto.
2 hours and 30 minutes, vertical descent 500 m, difficulty E
Return route: at the end of the concert, walk down past Malga Flavona and Malga Pozzol to Lake Tovel, where the coach will pick up and return to Cles
2 hours, vertical descent 400 m, difficulty E
To take part:
there is a charge (10 €) and bookings must be made in advance with the Val di Non Mountain Guides on +39 0463 830133
free - places are limited and must be booked in advance - for holders of:
- Trentino Guest card, book online at visittrentino.info/card or call +39 0463 830133
APT Val di Non
Comune di Contà
Parco Naturale Adamello Brenta
Pro Loco di Flavon
Vigili del Fuoco volontari di Cunevo, di Flavon, di Terres
You are reminded that Trentino Marketing is not responsible for any accidents and/or injury to people and/or damage to things that may occur while accessing the venue and that participants must accept full responsibility for their safety.
+39 0463 830133
Level : 1.860 metri